Call for Contributions
A session of the workshop will be dedicated to PhD students and post-docs presenting their research topic. Candidates for this session are invited to submit a short paper of maximum 4 pages.
Presentation slots will last 15 minutes, questions included. To avoid any delay between presentation slots, the slides must be transmitted in PDF format no later than the end of the previous session.
Accepted short papers and slides will be published on the Web site of SEC2 2016, with their authors agreement.
Candidates for the PhD students and post-docs presentations session must submit a short paper presenting their research topic. The short paper must be at most 4 pages long, in A4 paper format, with at least 11 pt fontsize. The short paper must be written in English.
Short papers must be submitted using EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sec22016
The submission deadline figures at the bottom of this page.
We are looking for presentations about system aspects of security in Clouds. Topics of interest include and are not limited to:
- Security of new Cloud models, new virtualization architectures (e.g., edge computing, fog computing…)
- New threats related to outsourcing and virtualization
- Vulnerabilities in hypervisors and new types of virtualization (containers, nested virtualization, unikernels…), security by design in hypervisors
- Securing hypervisors, virtual machines, and network devices
- Introspection techniques
- Techniques for isolation and side channel mitigation
- Hardware to secure virtual infrastructures
- Advanced cryptography to secure data
- Integrity of data outsourced in Clouds
- Vulnerabilities in SDN (Software-Defined Networking) systems and architectures
- Security monitoring in Clouds, self-adaptable protection and monitoring
- COTS (Component on the shelf) for protection and monitoring
- Collaboration between virtualization infrastructure and virtualized infrastructure, sharing of security agents between cloud clients and operators
- Definition, combination, and enforcement of protection and monitoring policies
- Trade-off between security and resource usage
- Service-Level Agreement (SLA) to secure virtualized infrastructures
- Short paper submission deadline (hard, no further extension): Sunday May 29th, 2016.
- Acceptance Notification : Monday June 6th morning, 2016.
- Workshop : Tuesday July 5th, 2016.